Thursday, October 31, 2013

Thursday Thoughts




1. THE RED SOX WON THE WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. I’d like to take a small amount of credit for their win. I wore the same Red Sox tank top for the last three games of the Series, including to work yesterday (without washing it). They kept winning, so clearly it was a lucky shirt. Weird? Only if it doesn’t work!

3. Happy Halloween! For me today will be like any other. You know, aside from the fact that the RED SOX WON THE WORLD SERIES last night. I haven’t really celebrated Halloween in probably over a decade. I don’t get dressed up, I don’t get trick-or-treaters, and didn’t even get a chance to carve a pumpkin this year. I’d like to speed up time and bring on Thanksgiving!

4. I freaking love hot chocolate with whipped cream. I always used to get it when my mom took us out to breakfast when we were kids and I still sometimes order it now. I’ve had some whipped cream left over from my Peanut Butter Cheesecake Pie and I’ve been adding it to a mug of hot chocolate for dessert all week.

5. Perhaps related to my love of whipped cream and chocolate, I split my favorite pair of jeans last weekend. I was helping some friends move and took the large step up to climb into the moving truck. I heard a terrible ripping sound and suddenly the spot right where the top of my thigh meets my butt cheek was free and breezy. Even worse, the jeans were Gap Long & Lean, which have been discontinued, so I need to find a new denim love.

6. I’m newly in love with Redd’s Strawberry Ale. Have you tried it? SO GOOD. It even smells delicious. I can’t get enough.

7. On this day one year ago, I was driving from Charlotte, NC home to Connecticut after getting stranded in Orlando due to Superstorm Sandy. I was lucky enough that my best friend lives in Charlotte, which is almost the halfway point between Orlando and me, so I stopped at her place for a day to break up the drive and give things back home a chance to settle down a bit. It worked out well, as I got home about 3 hours after power was restored in my neighborhood after being out for nearly three days. What a crazy time that was, and no matter how bizarre my experience was, I know it was nothing compared to what so many faced (and are still facing) today.

8. Why are Starbursts like crack? So delicious.

9. THE RED SOX WON THE WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment