Monday, October 28, 2013

Cheeseburger Macaroni


I am fully aware that this post, this "recipe", is a total cheat. It's one of the easiest things you could possibly make and can't even really be considered a recipe. But it is hands down my favorite comfort food. I loved when my mom used to make it when I was growing up, and it's still what I make now, as a 32 year old, when I just want a hug in a bowl. 

In my opinion, it's WAY better than the Hamburger Helper Cheeseburger Macaroni many of you may be familiar with. For some reason I could never really get on board with that stuff. But this, with the Kraft mac & cheese, is just oh-so-good. I should note that while it is optional, adding ketchup on top (which I promptly mix in thoroughly) is a must for me. It makes a near-perfect meal absolutely perfect.

Cheeseburger Macaroni

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef (I use 93% lean)
7.25 oz box of Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Dinner, original flavor
2 cups water
2 Tbsp butter
1/4 cup milk
Ketchup for topping, optional (but not really)

Directions:
Cook the ground beef in a large pan over medium-high heat until browned and cooked through. Drain excess grease from pan. Reduce heat slightly and add in the macaroni and 2 cups of water, stirring to combine and making sure the pasta is mostly covered by the water. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the water is mostly evaporated, 8 - 10 minutes. Add the butter, packet of powdered cheese, and milk. Stir to melt the butter and combine thoroughly. Serve, topped with ketchup!

No comments:

Post a Comment