Sunday, October 27, 2013

October Love with Food Box


I realized that I have not yet shared the contents of my October Love with Food box. I love getting these boxes! It's so much fun to be introduced to new foods, most of which I likely wouldn't have discovered on my own.

Descriptions from the October box:

1. Chocolate Pizzelle Crisps from Silk City Snacks: Enjoy these light and crispy Italian waffle cookies, all under 100 calories

2. Glee Gum, Triple Berry from Verve Inc: Glee Gum uses brown rice and cane sugar to coat this surprisingly guilt-free treat

3. New World Caveman Cookies by Caveman Bakery: Made with a mix of pumpkin seeds and maple syrup, these cookies are sure to satisfy any caveman

4. Organic Hard Candies from Torie & Howard: Made with luscious and all natural fruit flavors, this organic hard candy will be good to the last drop

5. Pixo Pearls from Vinaigerie Gingras: These apple cider vinegar pearls add a burst of flavor with every bite

6. Happy Squeeze from Happy Family: This convenient pouch can trick anyone into eating their fruits and veggies on the go

7. Toasted Coconut Chips from Dang: Crunchy, lightly salty, and sweet, these coconut chips will definitely have you saying 'daaaang'

8. Kind Bars from Kind Snacks: One KIND bar a day, chock full of nuts, fruits, honey, and other spices, will keep your hunger away

The only thing I've tried so far are the Pizzelle Crisps. They were pretty good, but not as sweet as I would like a dessert to be. However, I squirted some whipped cream onto some of them and that brought them up to par!


I'm a little bummed because the Caveman Cookies have dried cranberries in them, which means I probably shouldn't eat them. I'm allergic to cranberries, or at least I was when I was younger, and I haven't taken my chances with them since. But pumpkin seeds and maple syrup are right up my alley, so I might need to just try one and risk some hives!

I don't entirely know what to do with the vinegar pearls. They're pretty bizarre, just suspended in some liquid in their pouch, but I'm intrigued to try them.

All in all, another successful box. So much fun to get food in the mail!

No comments:

Post a Comment