1. Loving this post from Ali, author of Gimme Some Life and one of my favorite food blogs, Gimme Some Oven. I related to every word she said, as I struggle myself with the dichotomy of wanting so badly to find The One and get married and yet also being the happiest I’ve ever been right now, in my very single life.
2. With the new season of New Girl having started this week, I feel like my world is complete again. There are no words for how much I love that show. And Nick Miller.3. I love that fair season is here. I am not-so-patiently awaiting my annual visit to the Big E on Monday. Rest assured that there will be a full post next week dedicated to all of the day’s glorious gluttony.
4. Tonight marks the start of the third week of the NFL season, and my fantasy football team is currently in first place in my league of 10 teams! I managed to draft some pretty clutch players, including my football boyfriend, Peyton Manning. Love him lots.
5. Ignore point #3 above as I tell you that I re-started Weight Watchers this week. Again. I got back on the wagon for about a week and a half in early August after returning from vacation and viewing some very unfortunate bathing suit photos of myself. But then came birthday after birthday (including my own – Cake? Yes, please.) and wedding after wedding for the next 4 weeks, and all discipline fell by the wayside. So this week I reset my starting weight and am back to tracking. Time to actually fit into my clothes.
6. I am usually pretty principled about when it is acceptable to start enjoying pumpkin everything. Not mid-August when the first pumpkin beers start making an appearance. Not right after Labor Day, when it’s often still 90 degrees and I’m trying to get in one last beach day. The official first day of Fall is usually go-time, but I caved a little early this year. On Sunday I had my first pumpkin beer of the season (Harpoon’s UFO Pumpkin – YUM) and on Monday I had my first Pumpkin Spice Latte from Dunkin Donuts. It was chilly out. It was time.
7. I am having an internal battle with myself as to whether or not I should buy this leopard print Scentsy warmer. It’s new with the Fall/Winter catalog and while I love anything leopard, I really don’t have room for another warmer in my house. What to do, what to do…
8. My friends and I go to happy hour every Wednesday. This started about three and a half years ago, and many weeks, it's still the highlight of my week. I hope they know how much I love our weekly ritual together!