Tuesday, September 17, 2013

September Love with Food Box

For my birthday this year, my brother signed me up for Love with Food, a monthly subscription service that's kind of like the Birchbox of the food world. Each month you get an assortment of 8 - 10 items curated by a different celebrity food guru. If that's not the coolest kind of mail you can get, I don't know what is! Even better, for each box sent, Love with Food donates a meal to a hungry child. Check it out: www.lovewithfood.com.

SPOILER ALERT: The photo and description below is for the September box. If you're already a subscriber and haven't received yours yet, look away if you want to be surprised when your box arrives!


This month's box, which is gluten-free, was curated by Chef Ming Tsai and contains the following:

1. Cheddar Cheese Organicasaurus from Good Boy Organics
2. Roasted Red Pepper and Artichoke Bruschetta from Milas Foods
3. Blueberry Fruit Bar from Betty Lou's
4. Roasted Garlic Hummus from Wild Garden
5. 100% Natural Crunchy Cinnamon Apple Chips from Bare Fruit
6. Cherry Berry Raw Cookie from Licious Organics
7. Sipping Broth from Millies Savory Teas
8. Cinnamon Crunch from Cosmos Creations
9. Fruit Snacks from YunEarth Organics

This was my first Love with Food box, and I have to say, I'm very happy with it! There's nothing in there that I won't eat. Granted, I'm not much of a picky eater, so that's not surprising, but everything sounds good to me! I've tried two things so far. First up, the Cherry Berry Raw Cookie. Now, I think they have a little bit of nerve calling it a cookie considering it has no flour, sugar, butter, or eggs - basically everything that makes cookies delicious - but it was good nonetheless. Pretty filling, and I especially enjoyed the dried cherries. Then I tried the Cinnamon Crunch. It's awesome. As soon as I opened the bag, the heavenly cinnamon smell burst out, and the flavor did not disappoint. I saw on the packaging that they have a salted caramel option as well, so I am clearly going to have to track that down.

I'll try to remember to check back in and update this post as I try more of the items in the box. But so far, I'd encourage any food lover to sign up for this very fun, and affordable, subscription!

No comments:

Post a Comment