Thursday, January 2, 2014

Thursday Thoughts

Oh hey. Happy New Year! Yes, it's been over a month since I last posted, and no, it's not because I died. To put it simply, I just didn't have the time. It's kind of a shame, because I had grand plans for my December posts. A whole week of Christmas cookie recipes, appetizers for New Year's parties, holiday cocktails. Grand plans. But, during the time of the year when I do the most cooking and baking, there was just no time to sit down and write about all that cooking and baking. Between work, Christmas decorating, shopping, wrapping, parties, cards, etc., I suddenly find myself sitting here on January 2nd and I don't know where the hell the last 6 weeks have gone!

But, on this first Thursday in 2014, I figured there's no better time to post some Thursday Thoughts. I've been off of work for the past 10 days and have been planning out what to post on here for the next month, so I'll be back at it with regular recipes starting next week.

1. SONS OF ANARCHY. Who watches this?? I've been told for years that I would love it and should hurry up and watch it. Well, I already watched a ton of TV that I can never keep up with, so I hadn't started it until now. But with all this time off, I decided this was an appropriate time to immerse myself in Charming, CA. I can't freakin get enough. I have watched 52 episodes in the past 4.5 days and have no doubt that I'll get through the last two seasons before I go back to work on Monday. Then begins the LONG wait for Season 7 to start in September.

2. My brother got a Nutribullet for me for Christmas and it is amazing. It pulverizes my smoothie ingredients, even with raw cashews in them, in mere seconds. A-mazing.

3. I would be so awesome at being a permanent lady of leisure. I know some people get stir crazy hanging out at home, and crave human interaction and a sense of routine, but I am not one of those people. The first half of my break was filled with Christmas stuff, but the past 4.5 days have been blissfully lazy. With the exception of a New Year's Eve party, I have slept, read, and watched Sons of Anarchy, obviously. That is all, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

4. I don't know how I'm going to get back into a proper sleep schedule. I have stayed awake until 4, 5, sometimes even 6 in the morning this week, then slept, then woken up to watch more SOA, then slept a little more. My system is a mess.

5. Monday I am back on the discipline. I've had so many holiday leftovers this week that I wasn't even going to pretend to be good, but Monday it's back to cleaner eating, counting points, and exercising 5 days a week. It's been too long since I've been really disciplined, and it shows in how I look and feel. I don't like it.

6. In about 3 minutes, it will no longer be Thursday, so I'd better hurry up and post this. Plus, it's been like 4 hours since I've watched any Sons of Anarchy and I think I'm starting to have withdrawal symptoms. See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment